Advertisment:

Author Topic: Problem with Foscam FI9821W V2 and Foscam Pro iPhone App  (Read 1127 times)

Offline nordie

• View Profile
Problem with Foscam FI9821W V2 and Foscam Pro iPhone App
« on: August 18, 2015, 01:11:53 pm »
Hi,

New user here, but a longtime user of Foscams.

I currently have 1 Foscam FI9821W V2 and 2 Foscam FI8910W cams in a wired Ethernet network.  I have them set up with a Synology NAS and a Synology DS Cam App for the iPhone.  All works well, except accessing my cams via the Synology App can sometimes take awhile and the camera presets are not reliable.

As such, I also have the "Foscam Pro" iPhone App (version 3.6) to access the cams when I want to turn the cameras via my presets.

So, when I use the "Foscam Pro" app, I have no issues with the FI8910W cams.  However, when trying to view the image on the FI9821W V2, I constantly get the message "waiting for camera", "timed out", and "Reconnecting to camera".

Now I know that the FI9821W V2 is working, as I can view it through my Synology NAS setup, and I can also access the camera directly via the internet (all my cameras are port forwarded and use a DynDNS DDNS) - I can access the camera's internal control panel, view the images, and turn the camera.

So for the life of me I can't figure out why the FI9821W V2 is constantly timing out just with this "Foscam Pro" app!  Anyone else have this experience with this camera and App?

Any suggestions appreciated!

Nordie

Offline nordie

• View Profile
Re: Problem with Foscam FI9821W V2 and Foscam Pro iPhone App
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 05:06:18 am »
Hi,

So I think I figured things out.  Just as an FYI, I did upgrade to the latest 3.8 version of the Foscam Pro iOS app, which was just released in the last day or so, but my issues still persist.

I've determined that the Foscam FI9821W V2 camera is not supported fully by this App, despite the fact that they have a selection for camera support of the FI9821 series in their camera menu.

I tried another iOS app (LiveCams Pro) that claimed support for this camera, and it WORKED!  My camera was set up properly from the get go!

LiveCams Pro seems to have a huge camera database (not just Foscam), so it is a cool app to check out.

Hope this helps others out there!

Nordie

Advertisment:

Mobile Theme