Advertisment:

Author Topic: FTP Trigger - how to use and what it's for  (Read 17712 times)

Offline Dwayne

• Webmaster of cam-it.org
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - ishwood@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
FTP Trigger - how to use and what it's for
« on: January 01, 2009, 09:27:14 am »
I have often encountered situations which couldn't been covered by Blue Iris or other Camera Software.

This can be:
- using alarm contacts of your camera
- using camera own special motion detection setups
- record camera without having a constant stream

This all can be covered, if the camera tells us what to do, by sending an ftp signal:

Almost any camera can send out a picture by ftp triggered by special commands, external triggers etc.
FTP Trigger is a simple FTP Server which collects the data, but also executes commands based on the cameras name or IP connectiong to it. By calling a batch program, using other tools available in the download area you can cover these scenarios:

"I do not want to use the motion detection of Blue Iris, I have connected an alarm switch to one of the GIOs of my camera, and want to record it when this is triggerd."

1. Set up Blue Iris with your camera as you would have to record it on motion detection, but then switch of the motion detection itself
2. Set up your camera to send an image by ftp when the external switch is triggered
3. Set up FTP Trigger to execute a batch on your machine running blue iris to trigger Blue Iris to record the previously set up camera

If the external sensor is triggered, blue iris will start to record, and only if that sensor is triggered. each time, a new trigger (and a new picture follows) a new trigger command is sent to blue Iris to keep recording

"I have set up a camera remotely but I cannot keep a constant stream by whatever reasons (eg. I pay per volume, the bandwith is needed for several cameras etc)"

1. Set up your camera in blue iris without motion detection, then disable it
2. set up your camera to send an image by ftp on motion detection
3. set up FTP Trigger to execute a batch on your camera connect to enable your camera with BI Command and to record
4. set up a timout on FTP Trigger to execute a batch on your camera connect to disable your camera with BI Command

While nothing happens, the camera does not stream to blue iris. Once the motion detection of the camera is triggered, it sends a picture to FTP Trigger which lets Blue Iris connect to your camera and record it. After a timout the connection will be chancled by disabling the camera in Blue iris.

"My PTZ Camera supports patrole mode, but I don't want to keep it recording all the time. The camera however can detect motion on patrol and send an image of that. How can I make Blue Iris to record only if motion is detected on patrole mode?"

1. Set up Blue Iris with your camera as you would have to record it on motion detection, but then switch of the motion detection itself
2. Set up your camera to send an image by ftp when motion is detected
3. Set up FTP Trigger to execute a batch which does the following:
- Switch off patrole mode
- switch on Track It BI to automatically follow an intruder
- switch on recording on Blue iris
4. set up a timout on FTP Trigger to execute a batch which does the following
- switch off recording
- turn on patrol mode on your camera

for the last solution you need
- BI Command
- URL Call
- Track It BI

these are just a few scenarions which can be covered. I am sure there are plenty more.

You can expect a first testing version of FTP Trigger the next few days.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 09:33:15 am by Dwayne »
Do not email me at my hotmail email adress. Leave me a note in the forum or as PM.

Offline Ville

• View Profile
Re: FTP Trigger - how to use and what it's for
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 02:44:01 pm »
Hi,
Where is FTP Trigger in donwload area. I donīt find it. I am a new user.

Offline bike_rider

• View Profile
Re: FTP Trigger - how to use and what it's for
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 01:24:32 pm »
Hi,
Where is FTP Trigger in donwload area. I donīt find it. I am a new user.

Discontinued and no longer available.

Advertisment:

Mobile Theme