Advertisment:

Author Topic: Foscam FI9802W Setup  (Read 1147 times)

Offline nwngunner

• View Profile
Foscam FI9802W Setup
« on: January 28, 2016, 08:11:51 am »
I just purchased 4, of the following foscam's. They are the FI9802w's. I am in the process of setting up the cams for my farm. I am wanting to cover a large area, hence the reason for the wireless.

Now i took the cd, followed the instructions in the book and moved the ipcam software to my desktop. I then followed the instructions and setup the cam, while attached to my router by ethernet cable. I continued through the instrctions, setting the time and the name of the cam. The address of the cam is 192.168.4.158. Port 88 is the admin port port 888 is the media stream port.

I have disable the firewall on my computer, the firewall on my router. I am trying to connect to the cam from with in my network no port fowarding should not be needed at this point.

I am at a loss of what to do, my router does not show the cam in the client list, and i cant connect to it. I have three more cams to setup i have not gotten to yet. Any one have any ideas.

Btw i am running on an older toshiba laptop with windows 8 on a clean install. I can post exact specs later if so required.

Once i get the cams online, and setup where i want them. What dvr software do you suggest, I would like motion activation with email/text alert. Going to be saving the video clips to an external 2tb usb 2.0 drive to keep the system drive usage low.

I want to thank you for your time and i am looking forward to your responses.

Offline hltljohn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Foscam FI9802W Setup
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 12:04:51 pm »
You did not mention that you setup wireless on the camera.  While connected to the laptop, you need to let the camera find the router and provide the login information for the router.  Then you can disconnect the camera from the laptop.

BlueIris Software is a reasonable choice, many features and low price.

Offline jayson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 03:51:41 pm »
If you paid anywhere near the 90 dollars on amazon for these your were ripped off. There are much better options than foscam. Even foscam has better cameras than this model. http://foscam.us/products/fi9803p-plug-play-1-0-megapixel-1280x720p-h-264-outdoor-wireless-ip-camera.html

Offline nwngunner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 06:37:38 pm »
The book says to use the ethernet cable and connect to cam to the router, use the laptop to setup the camera. I can log in to the setup program wirelessly, i cant get the video stream to work.

Offline hltljohn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 08:54:34 pm »
When you say I cant get the video stream to work, can you describe how you are trying to see the video stream, and what you do see.  Any errors or blank screen or anything.

Advertisement

Offline nwngunner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 06:05:39 pm »
First thing i had to do was actually disable a function in firefox to allow firefox to run the plugin required for the camera. I am starting to think that is the problem. I go to the ip address of the cam port 888 that i setup as the media port and it never loads. I dont really know what is going on.

Offline Pesky

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 07:00:17 pm »
Definitely try a different browser or three.
1x Hikvision DS-2CD2732F-IS 3Mp
1x Ratingsecu R-H241N 1Mp Wireless
1x Ratingsecu R-H536NV 2.0 Mp with motorized panning bracket.
1x Ratingsecu R-N900Q4 1.0 Mp
Blue Iris full ver running as a Win32 service.
Win7 64bit, 4Gb Ram, Q9550 quad core 2.8Ghz.

Offline hltljohn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 07:25:58 pm »
You are correct the camera does load a driver into Firefox.  I have had trouble with this before also.

You might trying the demo version of BlueIris.  You could setup the camera and see if you get any video.  BlueIris does not depend on a driver from the camera.  This wont solve the issue of viewing in a browser, but you could at least see if everything is working on the camera.

Offline nwngunner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 10:06:35 am »
I called foscam today, they logged in remote and took care of the problem. I dont use windows 8, and the activex was locked out on IE. That still doesnt answer why the driver wasnt working on firefox but i at least can go a head and setup the cams. Then get my wireless antennas up and work from there. Thank you for your help.

Advertisment:

Mobile Theme