Advertisment:

Author Topic: Help me resurrect my ESC4-IP  (Read 565 times)

Offline Ssshonky

• View Profile
Help me resurrect my ESC4-IP
« on: April 17, 2016, 10:24:15 am »
Hello all

My ESC4-IP camera stopped being able to get a clear night vision image years ago, I wrote to Empire and they said they would send me a replacement as it looked like the IR filter was kaput.
Long story short, they never sent me a replacement, I had a altercation with them , got fed up and ended up stuffing it in a closet as dead.

Years later I plugged it back in , and yes it seems that it just does not switch back into night mode, I have eliminated the fact that the IR leds are busted by sticking it in a room with another camera that has fine IR at night , and the ESC4 still does not "see" well at night, despite having the other cameras IR Leds to provide more than enough illumination.

So - Does anyone know if there is an updated firmware for this camera? I am not expecting the firmware update to fix a mechanical filter, but hey, what have I got to lose?

I also have a IPC-1-v(2.0) that has very noisy night image, and was wondering if there was an updated firmware available.

I don't really want to contact Empire directly ,as quite frankly my email address is probably blocked by them.

Hopefully someone can help me out, Thanks in advance!

Offline jayson

• View Profile
Re: Help me resurrect my ESC4-IP
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 12:52:59 pm »
Try using a magnet to unstick the filter...hitting the camera while switching modes can help...firmware wont...

Offline Ssshonky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 11:31:15 pm »
Hi Jayson

Could you please give me more guidance as to where about I would use the magnet?
I will try smacking it around a bit while changing modes as you suggested!

Offline Stickman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 01:07:51 pm »
Here are a few pics to help.  You can actually diassemble the cut filter and see what is going on. Just take note of how it is assebled so you can reassemble it  :)

Dedicated BI System: 
I5-3570K @ 3.4GHz 16GB Ram  
Windows 10 Pro 64bit                                
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD4H Intel HD 4000 Graphics
Running 15 cameras  approx.  23 megapixel

Advertisment:

Mobile Theme