Advertisment:

Author Topic: So here I am...  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Dwayne

• Webmaster of cam-it.org
  • Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - ishwood@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
So here I am...
« on: October 31, 2008, 07:59:49 am »
Hey there,

my name is Wolfgang, but through the net I am mostly using the nick Dwayne. I am running an industrial business in southern germany, and after a couple of thefts from our property I decided to set up some surveillance cameras.

I couldn't afford to pay a security company for setting up everything I needed, so I decided to dig myself into this topic. After I also have a bit experiance in programming and IT stuff I was optimistic to set up what I need. Great help was my camera dealer who supported me not only with the neccessary hardware at resonable prices but also with hints how to set up.

On my way to my final setup I found out about Blue Iris which is an extremly powerful software, supporting all my cameras, and if not Ken Pletzer inserted it within a couple of days after request.

Some of you might know me from other boards like http://www.networkcamerareviews.com or http://www.networkwebcams.com in which I am also very active. Through this  I met the people of y-cam, a young british company which is producing great IP cameras for personal and business use. Soon I replaced most of my cameras with y-cam after they give a great picture also at low light level, at a resonable price.

Recently my interest grew on PTZ cameras, and how to use them in my personal surveillance set up. So I got my hands on a great outdoor ptz camera with autotracking, however which is not as good as I expeced it to be, so I started to program my own remote autotracking, of course based on blue iris.

A little bit about me: I am 37 yrs old, an handcrafts master in electronical engineering. As mentioned above, I am living in southern germany, running a company producing machinery for chemical industry.

If you would like to know more - simply ask :-)

Dwayne

Do not email me at my hotmail email adress. Leave me a note in the forum or as PM.

Advertisment:

Mobile Theme