Advertisment:

Author Topic: Connect remote BlueIris server to local BlueIris server  (Read 179 times)

Offline Zanthexter

• View Profile
    • Email
Connect remote BlueIris server to local BlueIris server
« on: January 04, 2017, 07:58:02 pm »
One owner, 5 restaurants.

We have a central BI server that connects to all the restaurant cameras. One location has been upgraded from 6 720p to 16 cameras ranging from 720p to 2K, and the Comcast connection just isn't fast enough for that load at decent quality.

So we installed a local BI system at that location. However, the owner would still like to view the cameras as a unified view.

I was able to connect the central BI system to the local one by using a Generic camera, MJPEG streaming, with a BI username/password and /mjpg/shortcameraname as the path. So, acceptable video.

But no audio, and no ability to pan and tilt the cameras.

Can anyone suggest a better way to connect from one BI server to another?

Offline Flyingdutchman

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Connect remote BlueIris server to local BlueIris server
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 11:14:07 am »
Have you contacted Ken, the BI developer? He is very helpful and can give advice for the most unusual situations.

Offline bp2008

• View Profile
Re: Connect remote BlueIris server to local BlueIris server
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 12:01:01 am »
There isn't a good way to link two BI servers together like this.  You could pull the "All cameras" stream which goes by the name of "index" but that does not give you control over the PTZs or very good image quality.  You could try streaming the sub streams over the internet, reducing the bit rates as necessary to keep bandwidth under control.

Another option would be to use the Blue Iris web interface to connect to the remote systems only when someone is going to be actively monitoring.  For long term streaming like this, you'd want to use default.htm in internet explorer so you get H.264 compression.  And you may want to decrease the streaming bit rate somewhat (3 streaming profiles can be found in Blue Iris Options > Web server tab).

If default.htm is too limiting, you could try my UI2 page:  http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?topic=4182.0  Again, I'd have to recommend you use the experimental H.264 streaming method I added (works only in Chrome) because Jpeg images will eat up bandwidth like none other if left on for hours and hours every day.

Advertisment:

Mobile Theme