Advertisment:

Author Topic: Highest Res camera for Blue Iris?  (Read 2744 times)

Offline bike_rider

• View Profile
Highest Res camera for Blue Iris?
« on: November 17, 2011, 01:20:56 pm »
What's the highest resolution camera that BI supports? And is anyone running cameras with more than 1 MP?

Offline KenBcam

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Highest Res camera for Blue Iris?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 11:40:23 pm »
I'm currently running an outddor 4mpix ACTi KCM-7211 at 2032x1920 at the maximum 7.5fps. I'm buffering 30 pre-frames on motion. There was a problem with a frame buffer memory overload error. Ken was very quick to act on fixing the memory issue in his recent update (see the 2.61 update notes). He even incorporated the 4x optical zoom and presets for it in BIris!

The aspect ratio is a little peculiar as it's not a conventional 4:3. The clip playback stretches the image wide. Btw, is anyone concerned about the clip distortion on playback. It's not really a big deal. I have a colleague with a 1280x720 Asagio cam that is native widescreen and the image is quite scrunched to 4:3 on playback - the opposite on my 4mpix cam.

The cam is running trouble free now.
Ken B.

Offline Magsy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 08:22:46 pm »
I have that aspect ratio problem here too with a AVN80X at 720p, the recording on disk is fine though and if you play it back in another player it has the correct ratio.
Mildy annoying but no big deal.

Offline hello1080

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 04:16:16 pm »
what is the computer setup you use tu make work those cameras under those settings ?

Offline bike_rider

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 08:11:28 pm »
How bad is that aspect ration problem? Can you post a screen capture? Have you talked to Ken about this?

Advertisement

Offline bike_rider

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 01:58:44 pm »
Yesterday I played with BI and some high res cameras from Axis.  Axis has their demo cameras on the web, which allows you to configure BI to connect to them.  Worked like a charm. 

http://www.axis.com/camerademo/

Offline sjh7707

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 03:39:38 am »
Regarding the stretching.

Here is two screen shots.  One with all cameras showing the 1280x720 correct ratio and the other showing the playback distortion
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 03:45:17 am by sjh7707 »

Stickman

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2012, 04:53:34 am »
well that definately needs fixed....why have HD when it looks like that ??  I would also let Ken know about that...send him the captures as well.

Offline wekebu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 09:29:35 pm »
I'm currently running an outddor 4mpix ACTi KCM-7211 at 2032x1920 at the maximum 7.5fps. I'm buffering 30 pre-frames on motion.
Wow, I looked up that camera.  Stunning day photos.

Offline bike_rider

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 08:17:06 pm »
well that definately needs fixed....why have HD when it looks like that ??  I would also let Ken know about that...send him the captures as well.
I expect that distortion is only showing on the web interface.  When I tested the Axis cameras, there was no problem like this.

Offline bike_rider

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 11:23:17 pm »
I beginning to wonder about anything bigger than 1600 x 1200. There are a couple of IQEye 7 series, 3 and 5 MP, on the internet for demo. I cannot get a full sized image from either one in BI.  If I tell the camera to send a 1/4 sized image, it works fine.  Direct calls via a browser work fine, so I know the data can be transmitted.

Offline PeteCress

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 04:30:16 pm »
Yesterday I played with BI and some high res cameras from Axis.  Axis has their demo cameras on the web, which allows you to configure BI to connect to them.  Worked like a charm. 

How you do dat?    I tried just pasting the links behind the camera images into BI's Video setup but, of course, it did not work.
Sony SNC-CH260, ACTi 5311E, EdiMax 3030POE, FosCam FA8905W - Still struggling to set up surf cam for multiple users.

Offline bike_rider

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 04:58:04 pm »

How you do dat?    I tried just pasting the links behind the camera images into BI's Video setup but, of course, it did not work.

Actually, that's exactly what I did too.  For example, http://extcam-15.se.axis.com/

Offline PeteCress

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 05:27:20 pm »

Actually, that's exactly what I did too.  For example, http://extcam-15.se.axis.com/

I see my error now.   I was clicking on the camera and then copying the link that came up when the camera was opened.  

Turns out that the link gets munged/referred/whatever to a larger string - and one needs to copy the link behind the image instead.

e.g.
Link Behind Image: extcam-12.se.axis.com/

Translates To: extcam-12.se.axis.com/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=119

Now I have progressed to getting "Page cannot be displayed..." -)

Using IE 6.

Tried appending port 80, (e.g.  extcam-12.se.axis.com:80) but still no joy.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 05:29:56 pm by PeteCress »
Sony SNC-CH260, ACTi 5311E, EdiMax 3030POE, FosCam FA8905W - Still struggling to set up surf cam for multiple users.

Offline bike_rider

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 05:45:35 pm »
I'm at work. No time to look at it at home tonight, so I'll give it a poke on Friday.

Advertisement

Advertisment:

Mobile Theme