Author Topic: WAPA camera?  (Read 4421 times)

Offline mvojtko

• View Profile
    • Email
WAPA camera?
« on: February 18, 2012, 02:33:40 am »
Anyone have any ideas on how to add this type of camera to BI(or if it is possible even)?

http://en.wapa.cc/html/Products/Megapixel_HD_Digital_Camera/2011/0902/16.html

Thanks,
Mark

Offline Digital Man

• View Profile
Re: WAPA camera?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 10:59:38 pm »
I purchased the same camera from Heivision (model HE8802IP) and it will not work with the current version of Blue Iris (I just posted about this in the General Technology area). I sent Ken all the necessary information and even the SDK to support the Wapa/Heivision cameras and he said it was not worth it for him to spend the estimated 5 hours to add support, but that I could pay him to do the work. It wasn't worth it to me (I'd rather just spend that money on a nicer camera which is already supported), so I just returned the camera and purchased a Vivotek IP8332. I really wanted the Heivision to work (nice specs for $168!). You can read my review of this camera here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006T1ELD6
Blue Iris 3 on Win7-32/AMD quad-core APU, multiple indoor/outdoor USB webcams (Logitech and Microsoft), firewire (Panasonic), and IP/PoE/WiFi (Foscam, D-Link, and Vivotek) cameras

Offline MaxIcon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 11:04:47 pm »
Excellent review, DM!  Those of us searching for affordable options are grateful to folks who write such detailed and scary reviews.

Offline Digital Man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 03:05:07 am »
Thanks and you're welcome. :-)

I really *wanted* the camera to work, for that price, but I could just not will it do so. Maybe if/when Ken adds ONVIF support to Blue Iris, the Wapa/Heivision cams will magically be supported and I might give them another shot (even if the feature set is still erroneously/falsely advertised).
Blue Iris 3 on Win7-32/AMD quad-core APU, multiple indoor/outdoor USB webcams (Logitech and Microsoft), firewire (Panasonic), and IP/PoE/WiFi (Foscam, D-Link, and Vivotek) cameras

Offline Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 01:20:08 pm »
G'day all,

I just thought I'd post up and let people know that BI now has Wapa support :)

I have a Wapa BL-3720C-IP dome camera and it's working great.

http://en.wapa.cc/html/Products/Megapixel_HD_Digital_Camera/2011/0902/20.html

When I first got the camera in April BI didn't support it, but now it does so thank you very much.

I did have to email the manufacture of the camera and get a firmware update because even though their website said that it supported ONVIF at the time, it actually didn't.  But with the new firmware (file name is V81.97.4.1) it now supports ONVIF V2.0.

The setting I have in BI to get it to work are:

Select 'WAPA MPEG4 video port 9001' from the 'Select you camera's brand and model from this list:'

IP = Check to see what the IP address is of your camera, you can change the IP address of the camera using the factory software that comes with the camera.

HTTP/web port = 80

RTSP/video port = 9001

Authentication = ***Both ID and Password must be blank for it to work***

Video Path and Params = Blank

Audio Path = Blank, Format = 16-bit PCM (I haven't tested the audio yet)

The default resolution that I've played with so far is 1280x720 and the picture looks good so far, but more testing will be done soon as I'll be mounting it outside.

I hope this helps someone cause it's been a pain in the butt to get working!

Offline thebassmanis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 06:13:56 pm »
Any chance you can share that firmware? I can't seem to locate it anywhere. I have had 4 of these cameras for over a year now, and they work great! The only issue I have had is 1 cameras IR filter does not rotate out during daylight situations anymore. But that is a minor issue.

I would love to use a different DVR software though. The software they come with is barley adequate.

Thanks,

TheBassman

Offline Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 12:41:10 pm »
TheBassmanis - sorry for the late reply !  I just emailed you the firmware update, please let me know if you don't get it.

Offline thebassmanis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2013, 04:42:29 pm »
Thanks for the email. I got the firmware and tested it on 1 of my HEIVision 1MP cameras. The load seemed to go fine, the NVR software was looking for firmware with the same extension as the file you sent me.

However since loading the new firmware I cannot find the camera on my network. It is not getting a DHCP address, nor will it respond with the IP it had prior to the update. I have powered the camera off several times, but no go.

I even tried with the newer Wapa NVR software. The NVR software brings up my HEIVision cameras fine but will not find the updated one.

I have not given up on it yet but beware loading Wapa firmware on the HEIVison branded cameras. I knew the risks so I can only blame myself.

Offline thebassmanis

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 05:14:53 pm »
Just an update in case anyone is considering using the Wapa firmware on HEIVison camera. The upgrade has briked my camera. I have tried several things but the camera will not connect to the network any longer :'(

Offline fenderman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 05:19:48 pm »
have you tired a hard reset of the camera? I've seen this issue on hikvision where it will not be seen on the network unless you reset. Also the new firmware might have a default ip range that your router is not set to see...

Mobile Theme