Author Topic: FOSCAM is TERRIBLE -- 8905 Has Nothing but Problems  (Read 9798 times)

Offline DenPureVideo

• Stay FOCUSED!
    • View Profile
FOSCAM is TERRIBLE -- 8905 Has Nothing but Problems
« on: March 10, 2012, 06:50:28 pm »
Darn Foscam FI8905W still has FLICKER and WhiteWashOut condition on it.

NO MORE FOSCAMS "FoxSCAMS" HERE AT ALL -- JUST A TERRIBLE COMPANY.

Couple emails and phone calls to Foscam, and they are doing NOTHING about it.  They do NOT even email you back, NO REPLIES.

Have flashed to latest level firmware [11.25.2.44], and NOTHING changed, still there.

Moved Sun Shield out about 4" from face of camera, NO BETTER... It for sure is there FIRMWARE, and they have Engr. Problems, and aren't doing anything about it, but state this version 0.44 fixed the problem -- TOTAL B.S.

Also, if you change your Channel on the 802.11g band after setup and your running the camera wireless, the 8905 will not come back online until you hard wire it again -- BEWARE.

All other cams worked after channel change in the wireless mode, but not the Foscam FI8905W -- had to take it down to fix it.

Any Suggestions on how to get FOSCAM to do something about their PROBLEMS?  Here is their latest firmware off their web site today.

Den

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:09:25 pm by DenPureVideo »
1-Agasio A502W IP PT Cam w/ IR-Cut (640x480) MJPEG, 1-Foscam FI8905W IP Cam w/6mm 43Deg. Lens (Worst Cam of All), 1-Agasio A632W IP Cam (1280x720), 2- EasyN PT Cams, 1-HooToo PT Cam, BI Software, 3TB on HP i7 Quad Core, and one PC for BI Remote Viewing.
CAT6 cabling for Higher fps and Reliability.

Offline Gargoyle

• View Profile
Re: FOSCAM is TERRIBLE -- 8905 Has Nothing but Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 01:45:19 am »
did you try changing the contrast/brightness settings in the foscam software interface?

Also, switch to 320 x 240 and then back to 640 x 480, that sometimes is at least a short term fix.

Offline DenPureVideo

• Stay FOCUSED!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 04:15:14 am »
Did all that, still the same.  If you leave it on 320x200 it goes away, but switching back to 640x480, it comes right back.

Tried everything to NO avail.  Many others have the problem also...

Den
1-Agasio A502W IP PT Cam w/ IR-Cut (640x480) MJPEG, 1-Foscam FI8905W IP Cam w/6mm 43Deg. Lens (Worst Cam of All), 1-Agasio A632W IP Cam (1280x720), 2- EasyN PT Cams, 1-HooToo PT Cam, BI Software, 3TB on HP i7 Quad Core, and one PC for BI Remote Viewing.

Offline pomonabill221

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 08:30:04 pm »
Strange... I don't have that problem with my 8905's and I am running them at 640x480 also... hhmmm
I know that Foscam has kinda poor customer support, and if you didn't buy it from them, FORGET IT!  I think this is really bad and too rigid a support "policy".
What kind of frame rates do you get with the Agasio's?
Asus M4A88TD-v evo/usb3 running AMD quad 3.6G with 4 gig ram, 500g drive, 2 Foscam FI8918 wired, 2 foSCAM 8905 wired, 1 Trendnet IP (something), ProCurve 1800-24G managed switch (free), Win7 64 bit as of 6/28/2013

Offline DenPureVideo

• Stay FOCUSED!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 08:30:41 pm »
Strange... I don't have that problem with my 8905's and I am running them at 640x480 also... hhmmm
I know that Foscam has kinda poor customer support, and if you didn't buy it from them, FORGET IT!  I think this is really bad and too rigid a support "policy".

With the Agasio A502W PT Camera right now I am getting 22fps, but it is hard wired w/ CAT cable to router.  Have not rec'd. my Agasio A632W yet, they have been B/O'd, maybe next week.

Foscam FI8905W still flickering and afternoon WhiteWashOut also, and the company has no idea about firmware let alone the version to be running for a particular S/N camera.

Offline pomonabill221

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 09:52:49 pm »

With the Agasio A502W PT Camera right now I am getting 22fps, but it is hard wired w/ CAT cable to router.  Have not rec'd. my Agasio A632W yet, they have been B/O'd, maybe next week.

Foscam FI8905W still flickering and afternoon WhiteWashOut also, and the company has no idea about firmware let alone the version to be running for a particular S/N camera.
WOW!!!  22 fps!!!! That is GREAT!!!  I guess, even though I was initially displease with the 502, my next cameras will be agasios!
I also have all wired for all my cameras.
It really amazes me that Foscam is NOT getting their act together!!  They are going to loose out!
With your 502's, do you get pixelization at 640x480?  When I initially tried mine (and sent it back), I noticed the image was not as "clean" as the 8918, no matter what I tried for focusing.  This is what I didn't like about the agasio 502.  I didn't have BI then, so I wasn't able to test frame rate.
Thanks for the info!
Asus M4A88TD-v evo/usb3 running AMD quad 3.6G with 4 gig ram, 500g drive, 2 Foscam FI8918 wired, 2 foSCAM 8905 wired, 1 Trendnet IP (something), ProCurve 1800-24G managed switch (free), Win7 64 bit as of 6/28/2013

Offline DenPureVideo

• Stay FOCUSED!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 02:21:13 pm »

WOW!!!  22 fps!!!! That is GREAT!!!  I guess, even though I was initially displease with the 502, my next cameras will be agasios!
I also have all wired for all my cameras.
It really amazes me that Foscam is NOT getting their act together!!  They are going to loose out!
With your 502's, do you get pixelization at 640x480?  When I initially tried mine (and sent it back), I noticed the image was not as "clean" as the 8918, no matter what I tried for focusing.  This is what I didn't like about the agasio 502.  I didn't have BI then, so I wasn't able to test frame rate.
Thanks for the info!

@ PomonaBill - the FOSCAM here is the lowest fps of all my cameras - and it Flickers, has Whitewashout condition in daylight, and in wireless mode resets itself all the time then needs to be recycled on power to bring it back online -- and NO Spt. at all from that Company (if you want to call it one), just a terrible camera from a terrible company (they have NO idea what they are doing).  As an example, it is getting 0.6fps now and everything else is getting 6fps upto 22fps.

Offline pomonabill221

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 08:44:12 pm »

@ PomonaBill - the FOSCAM here is the lowest fps of all my cameras - and it Flickers, has Whitewashout condition in daylight, and in wireless mode resets itself all the time then needs to be recycled on power to bring it back online -- and NO Spt. at all from that Company (if you want to call it one), just a terrible camera from a terrible company (they have NO idea what they are doing).  As an example, it is getting 0.6fps now and everything else is getting 6fps upto 22fps.

Yes, my 8905 CAN give me about9 fps., but it DOES alot of resetting also, as well as my 8918's reset alot also.
  I noticed that the frame rate at night INCREASES to about 10 and daytime reduces to around 7-8 (8918), AND STILL RESET because they drop off, or stop sending, but none of my foscams have flicker/washout.
  Do you have them set for outdoor? (using the camera's web interface), and not 50/60 cycle?
  I agree that foscam's support is NON existant, and you get more from their forums than anything else, but that is NO excuse!
  I am, also, not going to invest any more money with Foscam junk!  Reasons... support (NOT), framerate (unacceptable), cost (Agasios are about the same price).
  Are your agasios getting consistent frame rates?  What are they?  In particular the A502W?

Offline born2ride

• AOL Instant Messenger - borntworide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2012, 04:24:45 am »
I have  been following this post as being a foscam user..  I went on both websites and the support phone number is the same??? DId i miss something?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/borntworide/ar.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/borntworide/foscam1.jpg
Dell Xps 410 Window7 32 bit,
4gigs ram, intel core 2 E6600 2.4ghz .
2-Foscam FI8905w. 2-FI8910w
1-Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I

Offline Digital Man

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 02:02:58 pm »
I think someone in another thread said Vivotek is part of Foscam, but I can't confirm that.

What I said was that vivotek.us (an importer/reseller) was the same company as foscam.us and agasio.us (which is pretty easily confirmed by looking at the web-sites). I do not believe Vivotek is part of Foscam. Their cameras and firmware certainly don't resemble eachother in the way that Foscam and Agasio cameras do.

-Rob
Blue Iris 3 on Win7-32/AMD quad-core APU, multiple indoor/outdoor USB webcams (Logitech and Microsoft), firewire (Panasonic), and IP/PoE/WiFi (Foscam, D-Link, and Vivotek) cameras

Offline fastone01

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 06:23:04 am »
Add another with the same support number. Notice "Powered by Agasio" at top of page.

Wansview

I think someone in another thread said Vivotek is part of Foscam, but I can't confirm that.

John

Also add EasyN products under the mighty umbrella of Foscam.us distribution and support.
First time dealing with Foscam.us support about 3 weeks ago, not a happy camper!

Reason, I was taking off the EasyN camera to replace the 6mm lens to a 3.6mm. Raining that night, and slip about a foot and hit the side door metal latch. But of course with my luck, the glass lens crack dead center.
The camera is good but canít use it outside with a crack lens cap.

I called EasyN support and got re-routed to Foscam.us support. I just want to buy a replacement lens Cap.
This is what the technician stated:
 ďWe donít supply any parts for these camera and we canít ordered any parts! We are glad to sell you another one of those camera or you can try EBayď

With this statement from Foscam.us support, the cameras you order from them are treated like disposable BIC Lighters.
Foscam tech support also drilled me about my ordered number, where did I buy the camera?
Reason for this is Foscam.us will not support or entertain any request if you did not buy the cam from them which I did. I emailed the receipt. To date, no reply!

This will be my last product from Foscam.us I will ever buy!

I was and still frustrated with Foscam.us support and their policies that I end up buying a new camera from Axis, a P3343-VE unit.

I sound like I am venting. Sorry if I offended anyone but this is my experience with FOSCAM.US.

Cheers

Offline DenPureVideo

• Stay FOCUSED!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 08:14:46 pm »
Add another with the same support number. Notice "Powered by Agasio" at top of page.

Wansview

John

Also add EasyN products under the mighty umbrella of Foscam.us distribution and support.
First time dealing with Foscam.us support about 3 weeks ago, not a happy camper!

Reason, I was taking off the EasyN camera to replace the 6mm lens to a 3.6mm. Raining that night, and slip about a foot and hit the side door metal latch. But of course with my luck, the glass lens crack dead center.
The camera is good but canít use it outside with a crack lens cap.

I called EasyN support and got re-routed to Foscam.us support. I just want to buy a replacement lens Cap.
This is what the technician stated:
 ďWe donít supply any parts for these camera and we canít ordered any parts! We are glad to sell you another one of those camera or you can try EBayď

With this statement from Foscam.us support, the cameras you order from them are treated like disposable BIC Lighters.
Foscam tech support also drilled me about my ordered number, where did I buy the camera?
Reason for this is Foscam.us will not support or entertain any request if you did not buy the cam from them which I did. I emailed the receipt. To date, no reply!

This will be my last product from Foscam.us I will ever buy!

I was and still frustrated with Foscam.us support and their policies that I end up buying a new camera from Axis, a P3343-VE unit.

I sound like I am venting. Sorry if I offended anyone but this is my experience with FOSCAM.US.

Cheers

@FastOne -- exactly the same thing here, and just even trying to understand what they are saying was worth 2 Aspirins.  Totally useless company, and on top of that they do not even know their products, and what they are selling.

Even, VONNIC cameras are all made in China.  I am sure you will really like that Axis Camera, looks like the Real Deal from what I have seen about it.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 02:38:53 pm by DenPureVideo »

Offline pomonabill221

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 05:29:26 am »

So here I am again REALLY p***ed at these crappy cameras!!!!
I just bought 2 of the Agasio A502W's and got them tonight.
Connected both to my WIRED network (all cat 6, gig switch, gig NIC) AND ALL THE AGASIOS ARE GIVING ME IS ABOUT 4 FPS!!!!!  My Foscam 8918's at least gave me about 7-9fps, but reset ALOT.
  HOW on EARTH did you get 22 fps from your agasios???
BTW... all cameras are 640x480.
Even when I switched the A502's to 320x240, the frame rate went to only about 6 fps., but the image quality is LOUSY!!!!
  The Agasio's also pixelate, and the brightness steps in a gradient are VERY visible, where the foscams are not, possibly due to image smoothing?
  Anyway.... I am THROUGH with foscam/agasio!!!!!!
*********rant off  (sorry)

Offline pomonabill221

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 07:09:57 am »
I just posted pictures on agasio forum showing led hotspot / pixelization / dead pixels.
Here is the link
http://www.agasio.com/forum/post700.html#p700
NO MORE AGASIO.
And maybe also NO more foscams either!
I know they are cheap, but at least give use a decent picture AND decent frame rate!

Offline fastone01

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2012, 07:23:23 am »
Den,
I am now a happy camper that both cams (Axis&Geovision) are configured the way I want too.
For the last 3 weeks, I felt like a blind bat with out a camera on the left side of the house.
I am still bummed out that Foscam.us has not replied back after 2 more emails this weeks.
I can officially say Foscum.us SUCKs!!

I want to revive the Easyn I have as the camera works. Mind all I bought this prior to Easyn merging with Foscam.us for distribution and support. Easyn was doing fine till they merge.

It might not put out as good of resolution as the other cameras but it is decent. I think I luck out on this unit as:

-   Itís output is 30 FPS wired or wireless 85 FT away passing thru 3 walls
-   No Wash out images. Does not flicker and it pretty stable and descent for what it is

Anyone here knows where I can procure a replacement cover lens Cap? See pix broken one
 I was thinking of getting a piece of Lexan and cut a round circle and trim to size.
The hard part probably will be to get that center lens IR cover put back.
Maybe I can do away with it by disconnect the IR wire to disable the internal IR and just put an external IR for night vision.  What you all think?

Mobile Theme