Author Topic: Normal Computer Geek Can't Set Up 928 IR Remote Camera with Blue Iris Software  (Read 1184 times)

Offline JC

• View Profile
Help!  I have done everything.  All I can do is get the wireless device to connect to the computer and all it shows is my computer screen.  It won't connect to camera.  Setup book is worthless.  No switches on camera itself.  Five jumps on the device plugged into the computer.  I bought it from a reputable shop, and they plugged it into the TV, and it worked fine.  Now I am trying my computer and NOTHING!!! And yes, I did install the software.  Help.  I think I may just be an idiot and missing something stupid.   ???  Thanks.  Oh and hi and thanks for helping a newbie to this forum.

Offline fastone01

• View Profile
Hi as well,

It might help if you post model, brand or a link what type of Camera you have.
You also probably need to check BI Compatiblity list if you camera is supported.

Offline fastone01

• View Profile

Beat me to the punch fastone01 ::)

Well, I know you will chime in anyways with a detailed more info needed so I kept it shortly LOL  ;D

Offline JC

• View Profile
It has a wi-fi unit that is supposed to hook into the computer.  I bought it at a spy shop.  Probably my first issue.  There is no brand, except on the box and the camera it says IR Color CCD Camera Model 928T.  A piece of paper says VersaCam Pro and says refer to the Blue Iris Software.  I It is as if the camera won't talk to the wifi module.  I can't give you much more...  I may have to return it, because I really don't want a tv, I want to use the motion sensor to see if there is a certain person coming near my house.  And the website said I have to pay to talk to them personally.

Offline JC

• View Profile
I tried the toaster, but it didn't work either.
 :P

Offline fastone01

• View Profile
Hi,

Only reference I can find for that camera is link below:
http://www.spygearco.com/VersaCamLiveViewWirelessVideoSurveillanceCameras-PE.htm
Hope you did not buy that on this site.

Offline JC

• View Profile
Thanks, guys, I think I got screwed.    >:(

Offline RaggedJack

• View Profile
    • Ragged Jack
    • Email
Yes, those look like the wireless Swan cameras I tried (and promptly sent back) a few years ago.  Pure junk.

Mobile Theme