Usually, all you need to do to move BI from one PC to another is the following:
1. Export BI settings from BI Options, which saves the information in the form of "Blue Iris.reg" file to either C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Iris 3
or C:\Program Files\Blue Iris 3
2. Copy the "Blue Iris.reg" file to the new PC
3. Install Blue Iris (Full version) and exit (do not activate).
4. Double click on the "Blue Iris.reg" file so it imports all of BI settings.
5. Run Blue Iris and activate your license key.
When you move BI to another PC of the same architecture (32-bit to 32-bit or 64-bit to 64-bit), the above steps work perfectly. But, when you move BI from a 32-bit PC to 64-bit PC, or vice versa, it doesn't work because BI stores its information in different places in the registry.Windows 64-bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Perspective Software
Windows 32-bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software
One solution, would be to open "Blue Iris.reg" using notepad and do a search and replace:
Find what: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Perspective Software
Replace with: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software
and then save it as "Blue Iris x32.reg". You can follow all the above steps, but modify step 4 so it uses "Blue Iris x32.reg", as outlined above.
I also wrote migration tools for BI (ConvertBI-Backup.CMD, BackupBI.cmd) that are found here at http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?topic=2929.msg12130#msg12130.