Author Topic: Official Blue Iris Android App  (Read 11578 times)

Offline ssayer

• View Profile
    • Email
Official Blue Iris Android App
« on: April 02, 2013, 02:23:07 am »
Not 3rd party software, but... hopefully this is the place to talk about it.

Just now started working. Hopefully we got something good going here!  ;D

Been playing with it for about 20 minutes now, playing with it locally and over internet (Verizon 4G). Looks REAL good!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:44:41 am by ssayer »

Stickman

Re: Official Blue Iris Android App
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 03:48:55 am »
I grabbed it for my Samsung tablet....works great. I like how you can pull up the cam right from the index view  ;) we need that in the activex remote view as well. Picture quality is excellent.

Offline ssayer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 03:55:00 am »
Playing with it on my 4g connection on my Galaxy S3 (since this is the big reason for me wanting it!), I have to say that I'm extremely impressed. Video quality is great, and the interface has been implemented excellently!

Offline jackman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 06:18:51 am »
I installed it on my Droid but I can't connect. It gives me "Unable to Connect". I hear the two-tone connection from the server and the BI log shows me as logged in but nothing on the Droid with either a local network or remote connection. I have the Secure Only box checked on the web server page but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

I can connect with a browser from my Droid with no trouble at all.

Any ideas?

Offline texastoasted

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 01:46:54 pm »
I installed it on my Droid but I can't connect. It gives me "Unable to Connect".

Any ideas?

I had the same problem at first. When you launch the app, tap on the blue box where the server name will go, then select New. Now enter your server address and password.
I found that if I skipped the step of creating a new entry and just went ahead and tried to enter my address and password, it would fail to connect.

Offline deimos_anomaly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 02:39:28 pm »
I installed it on my Droid but I can't connect. It gives me "Unable to Connect".

Any ideas?

I had the same problem at first. When you launch the app, tap on the blue box where the server name will go, then select New. Now enter your server address and password.
I found that if I skipped the step of creating a new entry and just went ahead and tried to enter my address and password, it would fail to connect.

I had the same problem and what you suggested worked, thanks.

Offline jackman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 03:29:26 pm »

Any ideas?

I had the same problem and what you suggested worked, thanks.

Doh that works! I don't know why that wasn't obvious to me.

So how do you get the traffic signal to change? That escapes me too. It's the one thing I really need this app to do. Everything else seems to work fine. I can look at streams, PTZ, even sound. What's up with the traffic signal?

Stickman

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 04:18:20 pm »
I can't get my DDNS address to connect...shouldn't it ?? What if my IP changes ?

Offline ssayer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2013, 04:34:01 pm »
I can't get my DDNS address to connect...shouldn't it ?? What if my IP changes ?

?? Mine does. I'm guessing you did, but just in case... did you include the port?

Offline ssayer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2013, 04:36:25 pm »
Oh wait! I'm betting that you're trying your ddns address from home (the same wan IP)? If so, that would never work as your provider blocks the loopbacks...

Offline jackman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 04:37:55 pm »

It's working for me. Can you connect using the browser?

Stickman

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2013, 04:43:07 pm »
Exactly what did you put....http://xxxx or just the ddns address ?

Offline wekebu

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 04:45:23 pm »
Okay, call me Thrifty, but $9.99 sounds like a lot for an app.  I know it sounds cheap, but $6.99 or $7.99 and I would have jumped.  Maybe I resist because $6.99 is the most I've spent on a mobile app.  I usually buy the Pro version of an app to support the Devs, but I got sticker shock when I looked at this price.

Don't get me wrong, I love Blue Iris.  Just my opinion.  I have purchased 2 full licenses for Blue Iris, but I use tinyCam Monitor Pro for mobile viewing and it serves me well.

Offline jackman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 04:46:14 pm »
Exactly what did you put....http://xxxx or just the ddns address ?

Just the address, no http:// with the colon and port number. For example:

BIservername.domain.com:8082

Stickman

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 04:49:30 pm »
Thanks...that was it for me.

Now the next question...my Traffic signal does nothing as well. If I change it on the BI server it always shows green on app.

Mobile Theme