Advertisment:

Author Topic: How to setup your ESC-IPC-1 Cam for the first time  (Read 11053 times)

Stickman

How to setup your ESC-IPC-1 Cam for the first time
« on: July 15, 2013, 02:15:33 pm »
It has been brought to my attention that it would be helpful to show how to first get your new cam's IP number setup. So here is a brief tutorial :

First put in the CD disk that came with your camera and navigate to the folder I have circled below. Then run the General_upgrade_eng file and it will install the config tool you will need. It will create a shortcut of you can run it from its location (see 2nd picture)

Then when the screen pops up you will first click "IP SEARCH" it will find your camera and it will show up above. You will probably have to allow your firewall to give it access. Once your cam is listed, be sure to check the box. Next, fill in your desired IP# - subnet - gateway. Once this is done just click "modify" and it will tell you if you successfully changed the configuration.  That's it   ;D

To add the cam to BI select it fro the camera list and be sure to use the media port 34567 (default)

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:40:34 am by Stickman »

Offline bvca

• View Profile
Re: How to setup your ESC-IPC-1 Cam for the first time
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 05:13:33 pm »
Thank You. My empire camera comes this week. Timely advice.

Offline Davey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 06:05:26 pm »
Hint ...

If the upgrade tool finds the ip ok but doesn't get the mac address, then the firewall is still not configured properly. :D

And also...

TCP port in the upgrade tool is what it says, but in the camera menu its labeled as 'media' port
e = mc2 give or take 3 fps

Offline Ssshonky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 10:49:36 am »
Hi Stickman , thank you so much for taking the time to put this up.

One of my gripes, I think it is valid though , why not just set it to DHCP and be done with it?

I don't run the standard IP address range. So for me it meant that I had to change my NIC to be in the same address range as the camera and then do the change of IP. Once that was done then it was fairly straight forward.

But Thank You once again for your contribution to this forum , very valued.

Stickman

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 12:58:47 pm »
There really isn't a standard IP subnet...everyone likes to be different. Almost all cams are not DHCP enabled, and most have some utility that will find their camera no matter what subnet you have. I guess its one of those things you learn as the more cams you setup and just take for granted. I will admit that the ESC-IP cams do not come with detailed instructions, BUT that is why they are priced very low. When you can get a 2MP cam for 149.00.....I can get by without instructions.

Advertisement

Offline Davey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 01:37:13 pm »
I can get by without instructions.

Real men don't do instructions

Until it all goes horribly wrong...  of course  :P

e = mc2 give or take 3 fps

Offline bvca

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 09:30:01 pm »
Well I need further directions on esc-ipc-1. Got camera yesterday. Set up and works on BI. But I type my cam ip and port in IE (32bit version) it sends me to a webpage, NETSurveillanceWEB. A box pops up asking for username and password. I type in admin with no password. I tried different passwords but everything fails. How do I loginto that page?

ty

Stickman

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 09:35:53 pm »
If you type in wrong password 3 times it will lock you out.  Try :

user = guest
pass = leave blank

The admin will work again after so long. I am assuming you did not setup a password then ?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 09:38:25 pm by Stickman »

Stickman

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 09:43:11 pm »
Also be sure to add the cams IP to the trusted list.
IE/tools/options/security/sites/add  and uncheck the https box there as well.

Offline chuck945

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 09:56:50 pm »
I follow your easy to follow instructions, but when I hit upgrade I get a box that says "please select upgrade file".  Any ideas?  The disc that came with the camera was broken so I downloaded the upgrade file from the internet.  Wondering if this is my problem.

Thanks
ESC-HFW2100 1.3mp, 3 HikvisionDS-2CD2032-1, Foscam F18910W, 2 Swann 1080P

Stickman

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 10:08:26 pm »
My mistake..click modify  :P

Offline bvca

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 10:25:44 pm »
no go for user or guest on NETSurveillanceWEB. Did I miss a step on setting up from my mini disk? All I took from the disk was your Upgrade Tool.  Did a static ip in windows 7. Did a router portforward and entered info into BI. And BI worked. But wondering howto enter NETSurveillanceWEB.

thanks guys

Stickman

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 10:30:52 pm »
I am thinking you did not get the activex installed for the browser. If BI is getting stream then the user password is fine (admin & no password) Did it prompt you to install anything when you used IE ?  Maybe someone else here can help...I have to leave.

Offline bvca

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 10:37:16 pm »
I installed activeX for my foscam a few weeks ago. IE has not asked again. I got win7 64bit and I tried both 64bit and 32bit versions of EI. Neither worked. I did set the security/trusts as you suggested.

Stickman

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 10:52:03 pm »
That will not work, every cam has there own activex client.

Advertisement

Advertisment:

Mobile Theme