Advertisment:

Author Topic: how to revert back from using blue iris as "win service"  (Read 6007 times)

Offline ashishnarang

• View Profile
how to revert back from using blue iris as "win service"
« on: December 13, 2013, 02:13:20 pm »
with the win service, there is no interface. no good.  tried clicking on blue iris icon, console does not start. can only access via web interface/active x.

not sure how to revert back, so I ran the installer again, repair mode. got access to the software, made sure "run as service" option was unchecked.  the next pc restart, same thing, it is running as a service.  console will not come up thru icon.

so how do i get rid of service mode and have console mode permanently?

as of now, it is in service mode, and when i double click on icon, nothing happens, so I cannot open the console to make any setting changes.  i am running on win 7 64 bit. applied latest BI update from website (dec 8th update)

thanks!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 02:19:22 pm by ashishnarang »

Offline Stickman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: how to revert back from using blue iris as "win service"
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 03:58:12 pm »
Have you tried to remove the service ?  control panel/administrative tools/services   find the BI service and remove it. That may help.
Dedicated BI System: 
I5-3570K @ 3.4GHz 16GB Ram  
Windows 10 Pro 64bit                                
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD4H Intel HD 4000 Graphics
Running 15 cameras  approx.  23 megapixel

Offline reddawg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 05:08:27 pm »
I would try Stickman's advice on manually removing the Blue Iris service. I suspect unchecking the "Run Blue Iris as a Win32 Service in Options -> Startup, did not properly remove the service and convert Blue Iris back to a standalone application. It may be a bug in the version of Blue Iris that you are running or possibly your security suite software (Antivirus/firewall) maybe interfering with the removal process.

The only way that I know of to remove a Windows service that was installed by software is using the SC delete "ServiceName" command from the command prompt.
  • The first thing you’ll need to do is identify the name of the service, so open up Services through the start menu or control panel, and then find the service in the list that you want to delete, which should something like "BlueIris".

• Open a CMD prompt with administrative privileges.

• Type SC DELETE "ServiceName".
    Ex. SC DELETE "BlueIris.exe"         (just a guess on the naming part)
This link provides good instructions and illustrations on how to remove a service
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/how-to-delete-a-windows-service-in-vista-or-xp/.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 05:12:12 pm by reddawg »
PC: Dell Vostro 260, Intel Core i5-2400, 8GB Memory, 1TB SATA HD
Cams: Dahua HFW2100 1280x720@10fps, Amcrest IPM2-841W 1920x1080@10fps, Gadspot GS1600 640x480@15fps, Loftek Specter 640x480@10fps, Edimax IC-3030iWn 1280x1024@10fps

Offline Stickman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 07:43:27 pm »
Good instructions Reddawg   ;)   I only tried to use BI as a service a long time ago and had this same problem. I must of just went in to services and  "stopped" the service and then "disabled" and the BI interface came back.  I bet this will fix his problem though.
Dedicated BI System: 
I5-3570K @ 3.4GHz 16GB Ram  
Windows 10 Pro 64bit                                
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD4H Intel HD 4000 Graphics
Running 15 cameras  approx.  23 megapixel

Offline ashishnarang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2013, 04:04:24 am »
disabled service using services.msc and the console works instantly!
thanks all, i was going to re-install/repair the app yet again!

Advertisement

Offline syversod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 10:18:51 pm »
The quickest way to stop the service is to right click on the task bar at the bottom of the screen, on the pop-up menu select "Start Task Manager" then disable the Blue Iris service in the services tab.  Three clicks, is all it takes, then open/launch the application. Just have to remember to start the service once your done.

I could probably create a batch file or script to stop and start the service then wrap it around BI. Sounds like a fun project.

Running BI as a service verses running as an application reduces CPU utilization on my i7-4770 from 47% down to 30%. Was very pleased when Ken offered the feature and the improved performance since. Sure beats the 92% CPU utilization I was getting on this new server last fall.

Hope this helps.  :)

Advertisment:

Mobile Theme