Advertisment:

Author Topic: An Option for AutoTracking  (Read 8254 times)

Offline lichan

• View Profile
An Option for AutoTracking
« on: April 22, 2014, 08:25:35 pm »
Here is an option for free auto-tracking in conjunction with Blue Iris. I experimented with one PTZ camera when initially setting up my system but moved the location of the camera and it was not needed. I am still installing my cameras a little at a time and may go back to this later. The free version of iSpy offers auto-tracking but charges a monthly fee for emailing, posting on the web, smart phone access, etc. I put the cameras in BI as the main software responsible for everything but auto-tracking. I put the PTZ camera in iSpy and had it do the autotracking, moving back to position when motion stopped. It seemed to work OK but I only tested it inside before i installed the camera outside and at that time I only had two cameras installed on BI. There obviously would be a limit to the number of cameras you could handle but it is a free option to play with.

Offline vitamin

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: An Option for AutoTracking
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 02:48:21 pm »
How is that working out now that the install is more complete?     

Offline MikeNY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 05:56:45 pm »
Interesting concept and good idea. Also curious how this worked out for you.
My Setup
[ i7-3770K 3TB, 10GB Ram w/ Blue Iris ] [ Hikvision 3MP Bullet ] [ Hikvision Exir Turret ] [ CMVision IR30 IR Light ] [ WS-POE Injector ] Check out BI Tools!

Offline MV10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 02:05:54 pm »
That seems like an unusually tricky setup for motion-tracking -- very high-speed movement, quite a bit of dead-zone in the middle of the area of motion, and only a very tiny total area over which motion would be visible. In fact, the clear area almost fits into the camera view without any panning at all -- I guess you were just playing with this out of curiosity?

I've definitely been interested in automated motion tracking and I'm kind of surprised there isn't more activity in this area.

Offline MV10

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 12:20:49 am »
Yeah I'd talked to Ken about it briefly back when I bought BI. I'm a dev myself and at some point I'd be interested in playing around with this myself -- that OpenCV library looks really interesting. I have some thoughts about how to do this (I used to play around with motion detection and image recognition back in the early 90s when the first web cams finally became affordable).

I searched for other iSpy videos after watching yours and it seems most people are not too happy with its tracking performance. From what I've seen online, it looks like the very high-end PTZ cameras that do tracking internally are about the only high quality tracking options out there right now -- Samsung has some pretty impressive videos out there -- but obviously not affordable for we regular folx.

Advertisement

Offline vitamin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 06:49:29 pm »
but obviously not affordable for we regular folx.

Just looked...over 2k for some of the newer tracking cameras....youch!   No bueno.

http://www.eaccu-tech.com/samsung/snp-5300h-samsung-720p-1-3mp-30x-ptz-network-camera/

Offline StuM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 05:21:38 pm »
Hey fellow BI fans, a question. I have an 8 cam system running on BI, all good. I just purchased outdoor PTZ cam and would like to use autotracker software. From what I have read there is not much choice other than iSpy... If so, can I install iSpy with minimal options and only use tracking? Is it worth it, or just wait until a BI solution.  Thanks, StuM

Offline teamlouish

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 09:59:14 am »
I couldn't get my PTZ camera to work in iSpy at all. Blue Iris was able to auto detect all the settings and controls easily, but I am having the hardest time with iSpy. :(

My PTZ works on Make/Model profiles Cantonk H2.64 port 34567, IPC H.264 port 34567, and Poker H.264 port 34567, the PTZ controls run on "IPC,CantonK".

I keep trying the "URL" of rtsp://admin:mypassword@myip:34567/Main and I tried /0 and /, cant get it to work for the life of me. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

???

Does anyone know if any other auto tracking software works besides iSpy?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:01:12 am by teamlouish »

Offline jayson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 03:22:08 pm »
The blue iris 4 release notes that motion tracking will be developed in the future....

Offline KogaShuko

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 10:52:19 pm »
Doesn't ispy send a bunch of stuff to the cloud too? I don't know about you but I wouldn't be cool sending video to china.

I remember asking them about this a while back and the entire webserver side is kept on a server not located on your property. I asked if they could access your cams and they said technically yes but they had no interest to. That does not give me a warm and fuzzy. Not worried about the developer but other people that can use the feature as a back door. Originally, I figured the chances of someone accessing it would be slim to none. Circumstances have changed.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 09:52:34 pm by KogaShuko »

Offline Pugwash69

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 10:14:19 pm »
iSpy is open source so probably doesn't post to China.
I've tried it today with a foscam Pan/Tilt camera I have. It appears to detect objects but is bad at tracking them. It can move the camera fine, but I had my camera set to maximum rotation speed and it was turning so far it faced the wall when I tested.

Advertisment:

Mobile Theme