Advertisment:

Author Topic: Looking for vendors to bid a complete Blue Iris system (just parts, self install  (Read 1700 times)

Offline nutmeg

• View Profile
I have been tasked with ordering a video camera security system for an organization In belong to. I've done some work with IP cams and Blue Iris , buying bits here and there, and feel I am familiar enough to be able to install  a system. My question is this, are there any vendors that sell a complete Blue Iris/ IP cam package?  The funding is coming from a grant, and consequently I need to get quotes from three vendors. I don't want to have to buy PC's one place, cameras somewhere else and cables somewhere else again and get separate quotes for all that. I'm located in the Northeast so vendors up this way would be great, but not essential. Just US sellers, not looking to buy direct from China on this.  Hope I have this posted in the right place. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline Caminstallers.com

• View Profile
I have been tasked with ordering a video camera security system for an organization In belong to. I've done some work with IP cams and Blue Iris , buying bits here and there, and feel I am familiar enough to be able to install  a system. My question is this, are there any vendors that sell a complete Blue Iris/ IP cam package?  The funding is coming from a grant, and consequently I need to get quotes from three vendors. I don't want to have to buy PC's one place, cameras somewhere else and cables somewhere else again and get separate quotes for all that. I'm located in the Northeast so vendors up this way would be great, but not essential. Just US sellers, not looking to buy direct from China on this.  Hope I have this posted in the right place. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

How is it going? We have a package similar to what you're looking for on our site.  We're located in NJ.  Let me know if you're still looking for quotes.   

Offline jayson

• View Profile
How many cameras will you be running? 2mp? 3mp?

Offline reddawg

• View Profile
How many IP cameras are you looking to install in your organization? This will factor into how powerful of a system you will need to handle your cameras. You should also plan on expansion. If you plan on adding many cameras in the future, you may need to consider other Video Surveillance software like Milestone.

Blue Iris is a great Video security software system, but is CPU intensive because of its features, encoding each camera stream and does the motion detection for each camera. It generally takes a powerful dedicated computer like a PC with an Intel Core i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz or better to handle 12-16 x 2-3MP IP cameras. To handle more cameras than this requires using Blue Iris Direct to Disk feature, which does not re-encode each IP camera and reducing the frame rate of your IP cameras.

With security camera's it is not recommended or necessary (in most cases) to run IP camera(s) that are 2-3MP at 20-30 fps. This uses a lot of network bandwidth and would require an enormous amount of disk space storing your video footage. Most people run their 2-3MP IP cameras between 5-15 fps depending upon the number of high resolution IP cameras they are running on Blue Iris.

* While Milestone scales better than Blue Iris at handling more IP cameras at a time, it is much more expensive and more complicated to setup.

* MP = Megapixel
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:45:02 pm by reddawg »
PC: Dell Vostro 260, Intel Core i5-2400, 8GB Memory, 1TB SATA HD
Cams: Dahua HFW2100 1280x720@10fps, Amcrest IPM2-841W 1920x1080@10fps, Gadspot GS1600 640x480@15fps, Loftek Specter 640x480@10fps, Edimax IC-3030iWn 1280x1024@10fps

Offline Zorac

• View Profile
if your comfortable with the install, you should be comfortable picking the components.  most grants have a dollar limit for the 3 quote process, as well as most corporate policies (for example, in my organization, under $5000 the manager can approve a sole source purchase).  make sure you read them.   with quality hikvision cameras less than $100 shipped each, its not worth your time to shop around to save $5 per camera.  your IT department may of done a RFP or RFQ for a computer supplier (which takes the place of asking for quotes, and allows them to sole source to a specific supplier for a time frame.  this allows them to keep consistency within  your organization).  given that, you may want IT to source the server and change it to your project as they have already met the purchasing requirements.

Advertisement

Advertisment:

Mobile Theme