Advertisment:

Author Topic: Foscam settings/status/log  (Read 1051 times)

Offline asc

• View Profile
Foscam settings/status/log
« on: April 14, 2015, 02:14:56 am »
I recently set up 3 new Foscams (9804P, 9805P, 9828P).  When I browsed the settings tab/status/log, I noticed a login from IP 120.24.76.167.  Can anyone tell my why I have this in the log?  Looking up this IP gives me a location in Hangzhou China.  Is this someone getting access to my camera?  I see this same IP in all 3 cameras' log.

Offline hltljohn

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Foscam settings/status/log
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 11:12:49 am »
First make sure to change the user login.  Remove the admin login and create your own user name and password.

Check the date, time which the IP connected.  If it was before you purchased the camera then I wouldn't worry.

Offline asc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 03:07:18 pm »
I had already changed the user ID and password during setup after I updated the firmware.  There is only a single valid user on each camera.  I also unchecked the DDNS box to disable the default DDNS.
So I don't believe anyone should be able to log in without knowing my username and password, yet I see these log entries afterward and wonder if there is a valid and proper explanation or if I'm overly suspicious.

Offline gkersten

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 01:22:01 am »
I just installed a number of Foscam cameras and something from that same address is attempting to connect to the camera through my firewall.

I noticed this when I was looking through my firewall logs working on another issue:

Deny inbound UDP from 120.24.76.167/7368 to 192.168.148.218/59901 on interface outside

I looked up port 7368 and it is used by QuickTime Streaming Server.

It makes me wonder if there is a back door into these cameras.  In my case the cameras are protected by a router so I don't really care, but I thought I would post this to confirm that what asc saw in his log.

I have a few different brands of IP cameras which have different IP addresses that are trying to connect to them on different ports, but this one was the only one I looked up.  If anyone is interested, I can post a complete list later when I have more time.

Advertisment:

Mobile Theme