Advertisment:

Author Topic: FOSCAM, need 3rd party VMS that works on desktop PC for less than 10 cameras  (Read 1606 times)

Offline srbowles1

• View Profile
    • Email
I am looking for a 3rd party VMS that works with FOSCAM FI8910W PTZ/WiFi cams. I like Milestone but there are no drivers for FOSCAM, but there is a very complicated work around that was provided to me from Milestone. Milestone does not have a generic driver for the Foscam cameras. Does anybody know of a good inexpensive or freeware VMS that works good and easy to setup for the Foscam cameras?

Offline jayson

• View Profile
I am looking for a 3rd party VMS that works with FOSCAM FI8910W PTZ/WiFi cams. I like Milestone but there are no drivers for FOSCAM, but there is a very complicated work around that was provided to me from Milestone. Milestone does not have a generic driver for the Foscam cameras. Does anybody know of a good inexpensive or freeware VMS that works good and easy to setup for the Foscam cameras?
Blue iris is not free but its great.

Offline srbowles1

• View Profile
    • Email
I have seen Blue Iris and it looks to be about the only 3rd party that works. The thing that i do not like about foscam vms is that it is either open and full screen or minimized. so you can not drag it around if you have two monitors going. it looks like it was meant for a dedicated pc/server. thanks for your input.

Offline jayson

• View Profile
I have seen Blue Iris and it looks to be about the only 3rd party that works. The thing that i do not like about foscam vms is that it is either open and full screen or minimized. so you can not drag it around if you have two monitors going. it looks like it was meant for a dedicated pc/server. thanks for your input.
Blue iris way more advanced than the foscam vms...its night and day...though foscam brands their name on blue iris, they do not develop blue iris...it is developed by perspective software http://blueirissoftware.com/

Offline adimw

• View Profile

Blue Iris is worth every cent. You can google for discount codes too.

Advertisement

Advertisment:

Mobile Theme