Advertisment:

Author Topic: Foscam FI9805P bandwidth requirements  (Read 1148 times)

Offline sidtupper

• View Profile
    • Email
Foscam FI9805P bandwidth requirements
« on: April 27, 2015, 08:44:38 pm »
I'm thinking of getting a FI9805P camera.  I called Foscam to understand what internet service bandwidth I'd need and they said 3Mbps (bits).  That seems a lot.  Is that really what people are needing?  I was hoping to use the cheapest internet service I can find, which has upload bandwidth 0.5 Mbps.

Offline jayson

• View Profile
Re: Foscam FI9805P bandwidth requirements
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 11:38:52 pm »
I'm thinking of getting a FI9805P camera.  I called Foscam to understand what internet service bandwidth I'd need and they said 3Mbps (bits).  That seems a lot.  Is that really what people are needing?  I was hoping to use the cheapest internet service I can find, which has upload bandwidth 0.5 Mbps.
Dont get that foscam, there are much better options from hikvision/dahua...
Your upload speeds dont matter as the cameras (not sure of the foscam though but the hikvisions and dahuas surely) can send a substream to a mobile device...
Consider this hikvision-ds-2cd2120f-iw- camera, which is 2mp, has an sd card slot and is also POE capable if you want to run ethernet to it so you can power over the ethernet cable...the hikvision will also have MUCH more advanced motion detection, like line cross detection and intrusion detection..
http://www.nellyssecurity.com/cameras/hi-def-cameras/ip-cameras/2-mp/hikvision-ds-2cd2120f-iw-outdoor-wifi-wireless-hd-2mp-ip-dome-security-camera.html
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:41:08 pm by jayson »

Advertisment:

Mobile Theme