Advertisment:

Author Topic: Setup CD  (Read 1865 times)

Offline qbickle

• View Profile
Setup CD
« on: July 10, 2015, 10:48:58 pm »

Does anyone have an ISO of the setup CD required to set up the cameras for the first time?

The General_ConfigTool_Eng_V1.0.5.R.120428 doesn't show any cameras to configure.

The camera is plugged in and powered but no network link.

Empire sent me the unit to replace a different unit that failed but I don't have the original CD and they didn't include one in the box. 

Offline Lare

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Setup CD
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 12:51:29 am »
Here you go qbickle. This is the latest mini CD that I converted to ISO that I got from Empire with my latest Empire camera. I'll keep the link available until you download it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43812070/IP%20CAMERA.ISO
[i7-3770, 500GB SSD (RAID), 2TB HDD, 24GB DDR3 Ram, GTX 750 Ti video, Win7-64bit, BI-64bit] [1 BeSafe 2MP, 2 Huisun 10X PTZ v1 2MP, 1 Imporx 10X PTZ v2 2MP, 1 Dahua 12X PTZ 2MP, 1 Dahua 4MP Turret, 1 Poker 10X PTZ 2MP, 4 ESC IPC1-V 2MP, 2 Hik DS-2CD2432-I 3MP]

Offline qbickle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 07:08:32 pm »
much appreciated. 

Still little bit of a problem.  I'm not sure how to configure the camera.  I mounted the CD. The upgrade software folder is empty.  CMS seems to be some sort of DVR program. The upgrade folder is empty except for a readme. 

Nothing seems to be what I need to assign an IP to the cameara.  What am I missing?

Offline JohnRH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 08:06:57 pm »
Here is the latest version I have of the Empire upgrade/configure tool.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/67851675/New%20Empire%20IP%20Tool%20Upgrade.zip

Unzip and double click on Upgrade.exe to run.

John
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 08:11:21 pm by JohnRH »

Offline Lare

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 08:15:06 pm »
That was strange that the folder on the CD was empty except for the readme. I'm not sure if this is the same version that JohnRH linked to, but this is the one I've always used. John's might be a newer release. You might check them both out.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43812070/Upgrade.zip
[i7-3770, 500GB SSD (RAID), 2TB HDD, 24GB DDR3 Ram, GTX 750 Ti video, Win7-64bit, BI-64bit] [1 BeSafe 2MP, 2 Huisun 10X PTZ v1 2MP, 1 Imporx 10X PTZ v2 2MP, 1 Dahua 12X PTZ 2MP, 1 Dahua 4MP Turret, 1 Poker 10X PTZ 2MP, 4 ESC IPC1-V 2MP, 2 Hik DS-2CD2432-I 3MP]

Advertisement

Offline qbickle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 09:43:13 pm »
Thanks. 

I'm thinking at this point the camera they sent me is bad.  The update application finds the old camera but not the new one.  It's powered up but not showing a network link light.

Disappointing after all the trial and error hopefully this means I'm ready for the next next replacement.

Offline newuser75077

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 06:09:35 am »
Hi,

We recently purchased a home and one of the reasons was the security cameras.
The previous owner left the camera's but only the camera's.

They look like Empire Security camera's but in truth I can only see the print on one and know it is a ESC3-IP(1.0).

I have 8 RJ45 connectors connected to a POE switch.  Only six of the ports are transmitting and receiving frames.  DHCP is configured but no addresses have been assigned.  I am trying to us subnet 192.168.2.0.

I downloaded a SecuritySpy to see if the camera's would give some indication of working.  I don't see the cameras in the program.

The Empire Security website shows all the signs of being out of business.  I can't find any manuals or setup guides online.

I would like to access the camera's, upgrade camera's if required, find an NVR (perhaps use my Synology server) or I can dedicate an old PC.

Without documentation and / or experience this is looking like a long and difficuly process.

If you have the installation software and the upgrade software could you make them available to us?

Regards, Ron

Offline jayson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 01:17:05 pm »
The first thing you need to do is find the cameras. How do you know dhcp is enabled on the cameras if you cannot connect to them?
Stickman should have the software http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?topic=7145.0

Offline Stickman

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2015, 04:08:06 pm »
Here is the link to the config tool.....follow the instructions in jayson's post above.  You can then set them to whatever subnet you wish.  I would also just download Blueiris to use as the software....free trial for 15 days.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47399955/General_Upgrade_Eng_V2.5.0.0.R.20120323.zip
Dedicated BI System: 
I5-3570K @ 3.4GHz 16GB Ram  
Windows 10 Pro 64bit                                
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD4H Intel HD 4000 Graphics
Running 15 cameras  approx.  23 megapixel

Offline newuser75077

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 03:30:25 am »
Hi,

Thanks for the help and the replies.  I will try this on a PC tomorrow.  Does anyone have similar information for a MAC?

@Jayson I connected the 8 camera's to a L2 switch with POE support.  It's a small switch but has a large enough POE budget that it should not be an issue.  6 of the 8 camera's are sending and receiving data (I can tell by the blinking send / receive indicators).  I have not tried to capture and look at the date.  I am hoping to avoid that task.  I'm not sure which 2 of the 8 are not responding. If I can see the pictures from the six working cameras I will know which 2 are not working and I can start checking connections.  I am hoping it is just a connection issue.  My memory is all 8 ports connected to the previous switch were blinking.

@Stickman, thanks!  I have downloaded the software to my mac and will move it to a PC tomorrow.

I will let you know what happens.  I appreciate the help!

Regards, Ron

Offline newuser75077

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 03:18:16 pm »
Hi @Jayson,

I should have mentioned I do not know if the cameras are DHCP enable or if they have an IP address assigned to them. 
I can see the MAC addresses for six of them on the switch. I could start to ping ranges of IP addresses in an effort to find them.
Thankfully I am sure it would be IPv4 vs IPv6.  I will need to look for a free tool to do this.

Advertisment:

Mobile Theme